Residential care is resource intensive care and high level of care. While every teen drug treatment center is different, there are a number of components you can find at a reputable facility.
For more information about residential treatment centers for teens you can see here now. At residential treatment centers for young adults and adolescents you can find:
Image Source: Google
- A personalized treatment plan in which each teenager receives a care regimen that is fully tailored to suit their age, gender, preferred treatment, mental health problems and trauma history, cultural background, legal issues, and more.
- Individual therapy sessions where the counselor gets to know the adolescent, their needs and their progress during treatment.
- Group therapy sessions in which young people meet in small groups with certified counselors and discuss their experiences, challenges and successes with treatment and substance use.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), which helps teens understand their addictions, set goals, develop coping skills, and cope with challenges during recovery.
- A dual diagnosis treatment program for adolescents struggling with drug use and mental disorders (such as anxiety, depression, or eating disorders).
- A relaxing activity that engages teenagers in their care and allows them to meet and engage with their peers in such shoes. Recreational activities include music jam sessions, team sports such as basketball, yoga, art workshops, cooking.
- step-by-step meetings where youth connect with sponsors and other members of the healing community.
- Educational and training opportunities for adolescents who have not finished high school or enrolled in tertiary institutions.